The new year’s eve was fantastically cold this year. I had perfect time reading Millennium trilogy and drinking copious amounts of tea, coffee and hot chocolate. Sadly I am the only hot chocolate lover in this house, so it’s not made as frequently as I’d like, which in some ways is a good thing.
I took the hot chocolate recipe from one of my favourite blogs. I love to go though this blog even on days I don’t plan to cook anything. This also happens to be the blog I have lifted maximum number of recipes from. 😛
I have simply copy pasted the recipe. But there isn’t much .I have it by heart but this is my safeguard in case I forget by next year which is high probability. Okay now I am going in circles.
Prep Time: 2 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 7 minutes
- 200ml / 1 cup milk
- 100ml / 1/2 cup cream
- 1 inch vanilla, split and scraped (optional)
- 100g the best chocolate you can get 55% upwards (I’ve used 70% callebaut and 50 something Valrhona)
- whipped cream to serve
- Heat the milk and cream together in a pan with the vanilla. Once it comes to a simmer, turn off the heat and cover the pot for the vanilla to infuse into the milk. Let it sit for 20 minutes or so.
- Reheat the milk to bring it back to a simmer. Take it off the heat and whisk in the chocolate and stir until the chocolate has completely melted.
- Pour into cups and serve with whipped cream.